Which active ingredients are found in hibiscus?
Numerous anthocyanins, proanthocyanidins and organic acids
Hibiscus contains different organic acids (hibiscic acid, protocatechuic acid and citric acid), anthocyanins (delphinidin- 3-sambubioside also called hibiscin is the main one), flavonoids and PACs (Proanthocyanidins).
- Anthocyanins – anthocyanosides (1.5%)
- Delphinidine 3-O-sambubioside (hibiscin 85%)
- Cyanidine 3-O-sambubioside (gossypicyanin)
- Delphinidine 3-O-glucoside
- Cyanidine 3-O-glucoside
- Organic acids (15-30%)
- Citric acid, Malic acid, Protocatechuic acid
- Hydoxycinnamic acid (chlorogenic acid), hydroxybenozoic acid
- Flavonoids, flavonols, flavons